Monday, March 12, 2018

Day 27: Jane Roe

"As the plaintiff in the infamous Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade, my life was inextricably tied up with abortion. Though I had never had one, abortion was the sun around which my life orbited. I once told a reporter, 'This issue is the only thing I live for. I live, eat, breathe, think everything about abortion.'"
Roe v. McCorvey, by Norma McCorvey and Gary Thomas
 
How can your heart not break for someone who can only define her life by death? Abandoned by her own parents and then by her husband, young Norma McCorvey was alienated and alone. Pregnant with her third child, she became a willing accomplice to unleash the holocaust of Roe v. Wade. Decades of defending the right to abortion and counseling others to do what she never did, led her into a legendary hardness.

This was not softened by harsh rhetoric and gruesome pictures, but through the overwhelming and incessant love of a little girl. Through Emily, God brought her to say over and over, "I just want to undo all the evil I've done in this world. I'm so sorry, God. I'm so, so sorry. As far as abortion is concerned, I just want to undo it. I want it all to just go away."

 
Norma and Emily

At that point, Norma remembers, "Finally, I stopped crying and broke into the biggest smile of my life. I no longer felt the pressure of my sin pushing down on my shoulders. The release was so quick that I felt like I could almost float outside."

Book: Won by Love, Norma McCorvey
Article: Examining the Passing of an Icon

Reversing Roe: The Norma McCorvey Story


On February 18, 2017 Norma fell asleep in Jesus.
The Supreme Court decision in her name still stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment