Since antiquity, Christians have observed a trinity of occasions on March 25:the Creation of Adam, the Annunciation, and the Crucifixion.
1) Adam was formed from the dust to be the crown of all creation (Genesis 1:26).
2) the Son of God was planted in the womb of the Virgin to assume the dust that formed Adam.
3) Jesus was planted in the earth itself to restore the entire creation. (Romans 8:22).
All of this is God's answer to Ash Wednesday's solemn reminder: "Remember, O man, that Thou art dust." God made this dust His very own in order to redeem it from the curse of Abel's blood.
All this stands in stark contrast to the neo-paganism of our day.
- It preaches that man is the scourge of the earth, not the crown that makes it "very good."
- It seeks to hinder and destroy any further instances of conception and motherhood.
- Its program of salvation is to minimize man's footprint on the planet.
Make no mistake. Today's clash between good and evil, is about the True Lord, and Giver of Life.
- We honor human life,
- Thank God for the Virgin Mother,
- And proclaim the One who willingly gives Himself for the salvation of the planet.